• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Exhaust leak inside car

Ok, I started a new job in March in outside sales so I purchased a 2000 Bonneville for a work car. Ever since I started this job I've had alot of fatigue. I've ran the whole gamut of medical tests, diet changes, sleep schedule, vitamins, Redbulls...nothing. I'm now wondering if maybe I'm sucking down some CO while putting on all those miles during the week.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Is there a test I can run myself or can a shop check for this?

Thanks guys!

Start it up and look & listen underneath and under the hood the for leaks.

Look to see that the tail pipe isn't rotted off and that it ends where it should.

Any holes in the trunk where exhaust could be leaking in from.

Since you brought up fatigue and a traveling job I'll mention leaking antifreeze. Have you noticed a sweet smell, even a little or occasionally.

Prolonged exposure to leaking anti freeze has proven to do neurological damage.

Quote:
neurological damage

So that is what it is grin

I love the smell of Anti-freeze in the morning grin

When in doubt, have it checked out. It is worth it, if you think it is something that is causing you health issues wink

If you want to check it out your self, look for black soot leaking out around connections, exhaust manifolds or muffler. That is a tell tail sign of an exhaust leak.

From experience, it could just be the new sales job also wink

Good luck dude!

Like you say dude wink!

Between the wheel acid, brake cleaner, degreaser and God only knows what else grin, anti-freeze smelled the best.

It is the smell of money smile! Either a freshly pulled in vehicle in-need of repair, or a recently started completed repair (burn off), I love the smell of anti-freeze wink.

Ah.... the smell of new radiator!

Seriously back to the topic is there a 12 volt CO detector available? Maybe a small power inverter and a regular house unit. Once you use it to confirm there is a problem or not it you would be able to use it in the house. If the exhaust is leaking enough to get into the car and cause problems you would think that you would be able to hear and smell something. If you think its a possibility than its definitely worth checking out!

Doesn't CO build up in your system?