• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pistol Caliber

There is a minimum length legal cartridge and I believe a .45 doesn't qualify. I'm going to say that maybe a .41 would be about the lowest legal caliber but I'm certainly no expert.

I'll stay with my .44 mag.

Bob

I fully agree with you BobT, it has been discussed on other threads here too......I recommend 357 mag. is the smallest you go. I think my 45 would work if under 10 yards, but I can throw a brick 10 yards and that could work too if I hit the deer in the right spot. My buddy thinks I should take my 1911 out with me in the woods, but my 357 was sighted in this weekend at 50 yards and standing I hit a Minute of Deer vitals plate (8"x8") 4 out of the 6 shots with out a rest. I feel confident out to 30-40 yards with that gun if I have a rest. I just don't think it will do the job that my 12 ga. does