Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nmitchell17

Minnetonka Ice fishing

4 posts in this topic

I just moved to St. Louis Park and I was just curious what the ice fishing is like on Minnetonka especially around the Gray's Bay area. Any tips or advice or even just a quick description of what the fishing is like and what kind of stuff you usually catch would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I fish tonka by Diamond reef or the big island for walleye's mostly in the winter. But am looking for some new spots this year.

Black lake is ok for crappie's.

Just watch the metro forum, most guys will e-mail you back for specific locations if you ask, but won't post honey holes here. Too many lurkers, I don't want to be crowded out when I am out there. I fish away from the crowds like the arcola bridge and other areas like that. It is more fun to pick a new spot or two and try some new things. If it works great if not then you have eliminated that area next time.

WW

Mitchell,

Watch for the metro area GTG tons of knowledge and info gets passed around there. I am going to try and make the metro one this ice year.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I hunt zone 1.  Very interesting to see those numbers.  From what I have seen the herd is showing signs of rebound in our neighborhood.  We're a ways off from being able to tolerate hunters choice, but we're seeing deer again finally.  I agree the herd is in better shape than 2-3 years ago when many people saw no deer and no signs of deer.     So what does it all mean?  I suspect the widespread pain of the glut in major swaths of zone 1 for the dark years has woke some up to the idea of passing does.  There was certainly more opportunity with fewer bucks-only zones and larger doe tag numbers in certain DPAs.    What will be interesting is how the DNR responds to more deer on the landscape up here but fewer does being shot.  We had two doe tags in our group this year and we proudly tossed them in the fire, unfilled, at the end of season.  
    • Inaugural concert attendance (estimated):   Obama 2009: 400,000 Trump 2017: 10,000   Also Trump nodded off because it was so great.
    • I have this problem from time to time but not often.  Sometimes there are little bubbles on the bottom of the transducer and sometimes the ducer isn't below the ice, sometimes it just takes 5 or 10 minutes of sitting in the hole before it starts to pick up the jig.  Other times it works flawlessly.
    • Bingo.  Everything is going good so far.   Not that I would need to answer someone who wasted their vote but being tomorrow will be a great day I thought I'd drop you a line.     The so called Libertarians in silly town.
    • I hate to break your bubble, but your vote and other Trump voters in Minnesota were wasted votes the same as you say those who voted 3rd party were wasted.
    • That a shot at me being former military?
    • All of you who wasted your votes can thank us later.  In four years you'll have another chance to earn your right to be critical of the POTUS.
  • Our Sponsors