• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ruger Carbine .44 Magnum

BID2

Not the cheap Deerstalker, but the Classic. Does anyone out there use this gun to hunt deer with? If so what grain Cartridge do you use. I have a 3x9x40 Bushnell Trophy and I will rarely be taking a shot over 80-90 yards due to where I hunt. When I was younger I used this gun to hunt with and dropped a few deer. Just wondering if there are others out there that use this and wether or not they like it. oh, and what ammo and grain do you use?

My uncle has the lever version, I forget the model number. I reload ammo for him using 180 grain hollow points. Accuracy at 100 yards is "minute of deer" He shot one deer with it so far and it tipped over when hit. If it was me shooting it at deer I would use 240 grain loaded up to published max velocities. But he has become recoil sensitive in his old age.