• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any birds around the Aitkin area?

This is my first post on this HSOforum. Opener was better than usual my brother and I got seventeen ten on Saturday and seven on Sunday. The rest of our camp totaled around 20 between three other groups. Our bag consisted of a mix of GWT, Ringers, mallards, BWT and woodies. Once again had to watch parties shooting at ducks way out of range(up to 150 yards), shoot early, and not chase their cripples. It would be great if everyone was ethical hunters. Anyways since openers there haven’t been many birds around only averaging a couple per morning. Just wondering if anyone knows of anything in the area. Let me know if you do. I don’t think much will happen till we get some weather up north. Good luck and remember shoot em in the face.

We had a good opener up there too getting bwt, gwt, woodies, ringers, mallards and a bonus lesser bluebill. I was up there on Wednesday morning and there were a few ringers around and I did see a couple of buffleheads and some geese. My guess is that starting in a week or too some northern birds will start moving in but it is gonna take some more cold fronts to get it started.