• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mille Lacs tomorrow...

Rebel9921

Yep... heading up tonight for the full-day trip with Steve Jonesi tomorrow... weather conditions looks so promising...

Talked with Steve yesterday... the fish are moving... he's getting excited about tomorrow too...

Bret... I'll be sure to tell "SHE" you said hello... and hopefully she'll like you enough to let you have a turn at her next year...

Good luck to you all who will be out tomorrow night... its FULL MOON, baby!

Im very pumped about this... It'll be a "Last Man Standing" fishing marathon... and I sure wont be the one to say "I quit"...

Good luck out there. I'm itching to get out anywhere, but Mille Lacs this time of year would be incredible.

You should pay someone to come take pictures in case "she" follows but doesn't bite. And i know that's an unreasonable idea haha, but I'd love to get a look at that fish.

Well... Im back home safe and sound, totally SORE all over, surprised that I just woke up after sleeping for over 12 hours... enjoying the windburn on my face... assimilating all those info I learned out there from Steve, the lake, and my experience from 10:30 am til 9ish pm...

My arm's ready to fall off after throwing nothing but 11" Curly Sues, Mag Dawgs, Mag Heli Dawgs, Super Cowgirls, and Cowgirls... We hit several spots HARD...

NO FISH caught, NO FISH seen, NO BITES at all... Given my luck in 2008, I was kinda expecting that but I really felt bad for Steve... He was SO pumped about the whole thing... Nobody in that boat wanted me to catch a nice one more than Steve... He definitely was a top-notch guide... a top-notch guy...and he's hired for 2009... date to be determined...

Dec 1st is starting to look so glum... Am hoping that my next few outings will change all that... if I do get any... Maybe I should just put away everything, and just put myself in front of this computer, and start writing a Minnesota version of the "Time on the Water" relating to my 2 years of muskie fishing...

Ouch, sorry to hear that reb. It definately wasn't from a lack of effort that you didn't catch one though. Hopefully next year Mille Lacs will be back on and you can put some teeth marks in all of your new lures. Good luck if you do make it back out.

Don't feel so bad Rebel, I got it handed to me out there last Saturday as well. It's been a tough year out on Mille Lacs. I have never been out with Steve, but I have talked to him at Red Door several times before getting on the water and he is a stand-up guy. He was willing to give out info. on what had been working for him as of late, and to me that was pretty cool considering he is a guide. A lot of them don't give out any info., not the case with Steve. Also, a very fun guy to talk to in general, not to mention, a heck of a fisherman.

Hey, it beat working yesterday Reb, I missed a trip out because of office obligations (that's my professional of saying work is [PoorWordUsage] & is interfering with my fishing).

Pretty crazy, but I'm passing up a weekend trip to Mille Lacs, between muskies and the walleyes I just haven't done anything up there, not too many have been really. Imagine a guy saying that a year or two ago?

It definately wasn't from a lack of effort that you didn't catch one though. Hopefully next year Mille Lacs will be back on and you can put some teeth marks in all of your new lures. Good luck if you do make it back out.

... I think I'll stick to the lakes down here from now on... people are catching them down here while on Mille Lacs... dead most of the time... from what I do know, most of the big-name muskie guides fled to Miltona area... Steve chose to stay at Mille Lacs and ride the storm out...

A friend and I were out on Miltona for 10 hours on 10/15. Didn't have much better luck there. Got pounded by waves & wind the whole time. No catches, no sightings, no follows ... But it was great just being out there heaving the big stuff with some new gear. We were only one of about two boats on the whole lake.

My partner did hookup a nice Pike on a smaller bucktail, and caught a SWEET 20# anchor on a Bull Dawg ... it was a keeper grin