• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new 2009 citica?

ssaamm

Has anyone tried one yet? I have a couple of citicas--about 2yrs old. I think that they are great. How is the new model bigger and better. I have a craving for something else that I really don't need. Thanks, Sam

I haven't seen it in the stores yet (just catalogs), but I know Joe's has the new Curado E series in stock ($169)- they've had them for over a month.

With all the hype over these new reels when they were announced, I am suprised we have not seen more comments about the field experience FMer's have had with these new E series reels (2009 Citica/Curados). I gotta believe many FMer's have purchased/tried one of these E series reel. If anyone has any experience - let us know what you think.

The new E series reels both have the same frame design. They are smaller (w/o compromising line capacity), much lighter, and more bearings.

I havn't had a chance to use one yet, just held one. I think when a reel is introduced this late in the season, most people wait till spring to buy much of their new stuff. I know thats how I am... I will have one if not 2 of the new curado when the ice leaves the lake next spring.

We have them at Thorne Bros in Fridley, MN. I put one on a rod and made a few casts in the parking lot. It's a darn nice reel for the price. a big jump from last year's Citica and the price point remained the same. Smaller profile (100 size) but holds a 200 size spool. I'm sure a lot of these will find their way into the hands of a lot of anglers smile

I've fished the new Curados and they are very nice. Seems to me like Shimano always pulls something out of their sleeve... what's next? smile