Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duncan7709

Duck Hunting on Mississsippi

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there are backwater areas along the Mississippi that you can duck hunt with out a boat around the Wabasha/Weaver area? I have been to the Weaver bottoms plenty of times but my friend who had a duck boat is in college now and I dont have a way to duck hunt out of a boat. I am not looking for specific spots just general areas. Thanks

I think some guys hunt above pepin.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I have tried but no success. But yet again I probably didn't throw them long enough to get bit. 
    • Liberalism shut down in 5 minutes.     "There's a woodshed outback ? "  
    • cork handles on the pro.  Foam on the HT Blue.  Both fiberglass noodle blank to my knowledge.
    • me to......gotta try that again!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a blast...........but cleaning them all!!!!!!!!!
    • save the soft and mushy tulees for me.  
    • Man that sounds like fun...
    • back about 15-20 years ago ya could go out on leech and pound the tullies.............off of stony point it be like a huge city out there fishing tullies...............and catching hundreds...... at that point no limit.....hence blood bath!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    • Never underestimate what a pussycat in her prime can bring down.      
    • 1.23.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report   Another week has come and gone up here at the Angle. The weather sure changed for us up here. The week started with below zero temps and we ended the week in the 30's with some rain mixed in. It still didn't affect the fishing, as houses produced their limits of fish once again including a 31", 11 pound walleye!   On the Minnesota side, we still have our houses scattered all around in 22-28 feet of water. Gold, pink and green were the best, tipped with a minnow or minnow head. We have had perch and saugers mixed in with all the walleyes, too!   On the Canadian side, the crappie and walleye bite has been very good! Crappies have been in 28-33 feet of water. Only fish to your limit and then switch to another species’ for the rest of the day. Walleyes have been great in 22-29 feet, using the same colors as the Minnesota side, tipped with a minnow or minnow head.   This is Forrest Huset with another fishing report.   We hope to see you all at Sunset Lodge this winter!
    • I think the good news is we haven't look great lately but are still putting up wins, nothing wrong with that. Preds have been playing well lately and we were back to back so not going to get too concerned over that loss. Heck Kuemper even looked decent last night. CM Haula and Pommers have looked a little better lately. I am starting to hope Parise is still injured or something, he kind of looks like he is doing everything as usual but just can't get anything going. If this is him aging we are in trouble, lots of years left on that contract. Maybe just a bad season or fighting the puck I just don't know but something is off with him. The good news is we don't need a lot of out of him right now, just a little bit of elevated play and every now and then contributing on the score sheet. Granlund and Zucker have been just crazy good, even without Koivu last night they were our best line, always dangerous.
  • Our Sponsors