• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bathroom Vanity Suggestion

chasineyes

Ok, after getting a sweet deal on a granite "returned" top, I now have to rebuild my vanity or build a new one. The new top is 4" shorter (56" top compared to 60" top) on the current vanity. I'm debating ripping out the old vanity and slicing 4" off the middle, pocket screw it back together a make 2 new middle drawers. Or just build a new vanity to the correct size I need and use the same drawers and hardware. I have about a weekend to pull this off so I figured with it might be easier to just build a new vanity during the week and slap it in on the weekend. Any thoughts or suggestions....

There is a building supply outlet store in Eagan right off of hwy 55 that has ALOT of one of a kind vanities. You might be able to find one there that fits the size you need. They are open until 4pm weekdays and until 1 or 2 on saturdays.

They have some that are very high end vanities that are sold very cheap considering the quality. They also have everything else down to the very low end stuff that you can pick up for $40 or so.

You could probably pick something pretty nice up for under $200 and save yourself the time of building something. I have seen some solid cherry vanities that are 60+ inches that they sell for under $300, complete with dove tailing and reinforced drawers.

In my opinion building projects aren't the time to cut corners so I would not retro fit your old vanity. Why put a nice piece of granite on a patch job? The point of the granite is to make the vanity look better so I would make sure I was putting the granite on top of something that is worthy of having granite put on it in the first place whether you spend the time to building something nice or if you spend the money to buy something nice.