• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GLoomis 915C-HB 7'7" MH

Dkoy

Quick advice needed. I found a few of these rods at about 40%-50% off. Are they that much better than my Compre's? I would be tossing bucktails w/ these. Just looking for input from experienced users. I have not forked up to rods that expensive yet so don't have much experience with them. I do know the Glooms have good warranty and a hefty price tag. Second I'm thinking of paring luna's with them...advice would help me break the barrier of taking out the pocket book.

I love my Loomis rod, light strong and honestly in reality not that expensive. I have the 7'10 Loomis and throw everything up to mag dawgs on it. I paid $238 shipped for mine last Dec so if you can get them at near half I'd buy 2.

As for the Lunas we have 2 in the boat new in May both broke down already, both been repaired 1 didnt last 2 outings after getting repaired the other we'll see since he just got it back. I would buy a Shimano Calcutta 400B befor a Luna. We have 4 of the 400 B's and other than drags backing off no other issues.

Thanks for the reply. I've kinda heard mostly good about the luna's but still hard to pull the trig on one when I hear the calcutta's best you can get. I have the wife picking up 2 poles for me on her way home. Fleet has them on clearance btw. Basically half off the 915 and 914 series, not the cx though. I think I saw a few 7.10's too. Not sure I can post that but always willing to help out another fishing buddy. I'll probably have to look into the CTE since I need a lefty. Only reason I'm looking is because 4 of my abu's all broke on me, 2 this past weekend. Plus I found some deals on rods clearance rods for about 40 bucks more than my compre's.