• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Observation this weekend!

Jesse Drummer

This last week of warmer weather made the shallow water hotter than the deeper water again. which in turn ,well in my experience this saturday there was "alot" of "nice sized " bass up shallow in some remaining weeds or where a thick weed line used to be! a calm wind shore or a little ripple was key . We were running black and white buzz baits in about.6" to 4 fow. the temp was up to about 66.8 from a chilly 61 ish last week.

2nd that JD

Had the same on Sunday without anyone else on the lake. Must have been some sports on TV or something.

Windy, northside, 5fow or less with thick weeds. Never stopped hitting a white buzz but with the waves getting bigger around noon the fish seemed to be having trouble keying in on the bait. Switched to a large Hula Popper and white spinner and they worked even after it got mostly sunny. All dozen plus were between 14" and 20" and came from a few hundred yard span of that shallow shoreline. Temp was 67 most everywhere and tho not pea soup, was green stained and a little smelly.

I didn't have size or #'s like that. But kinda the same area. Fished the dying milfoil from a foot to 6 feet of water. Baby 1 minus was hot for 30 mins with spinnerbait a close 2nd. Bull ribit was going well too, but I miss so many on that. Ugh.

North side too and same greenish color. Temps at this lake were 69.7 in the afternoon.

I watched the first half of the vikes and that was all I could take.

I won a small tourney up in Pine City on Saturday. I caught fish all day long but the biggest fish came from the windy docks. Even with the overcast sky, these fish were tucked up in the shade of the docks and boats. I used a 3/4 oz jig to get them out.