• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vid Camera Opinions Needed

I posted this here because I thought it would get the best responses...

I am looking at a new video camera. I noticed that they now have hard drive models with high definition. Is this the way to go? I like the hard drive idea so there is no tapes/discs to worry about. These also come with a fairly steep price tag. Like the dvd cameras years ago, are these overpriced? Those have come down about 40-50 percent I noticed.

With HD, is this something that I have to worry about compatibility wise...with anything?

stfcatfish,

I didn't know there was an "outside area" of your expertise grin Dang, you were my go to guy. Thanks anyway. I was doing some non FM research on it. FM is always my first stop when I have questions. It appears a degree from MIT would be needed to understand the differences in the cameras.

prov, I hope to be learning right alongside you. With HD video coming out in the latest DSLR cameras, I'll eventually be picking one of those up so I have the option to shoot video at weddings as well as still photos.

The DSLR high def video still has some issues, from what I've read, but I expect it'll just keep getting better and better.

So, someone teach us! gringrin