• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

chevrolet/allison? transfer case "pump rub"

Just a heads up for all of you guys with GM trucks. I have a 2003 chevy 3/4 ton diesel with the allison tranny, if it matters, and the transfer case started to leak. After much searching and cleaning, I could not find the leak, it seemed if it was coming out of no where. I punched it up on [YouNeedAuthorization] and found that the problem is the pump rubbing on the inside of the transfer case. The factory installed protector plate is not adaquit for the job. Of course the dealer has never heard of such a thing, but of course there are a few companies that make an aftermarket part to remedy this issue. I really don't know which vehicles use this same case.

I've been hearing about this more and more on one of the truck forums I go on. A temp fix is JB Weld on the outside of the case, but it will come back sooner than later. There's some sort of support clip for the pump that rub a hole through on the inside and there's 4 possible points for them to rub through. I saw a step by step write up somewhere a few days ago for the aftermarket kit that sparkyaber mentioned, but I couldn't find it again. I've been keeping any eye on mine, but (knock on wood) there's been no leak.