• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do I confirm a used Monarch Rifle scope

Speilman54

Hey all, thought I'd try this question here. I may buy a used Nikon Monarch rifle scope. Its a little older and apparently doesn't say 'Monarch' on it anywhere, just Nikon. I was told it has a notch on the zoom so you can adjust with 1 finger, I'm told that may be an indicator. Anyhow, does anyone know how I can confirm I'm not buying a cheap Nikon vs. the Monarch? Any suggestions

Probably not much help but I just put a new Monarch on my .44mag pistol and just shot it Sunday. What a treat! The optical quality is great and its rock solid. One thing to look for is when you look through a cheap scope, the image looks good in the center but get blurry off to the sides.

I just replaced my cheapy Simmons on my 3006 rifle with a Prostaff (little cheaper than the Monarch) It looks great as well. I will shoot this Sunday and let you know how it comes out. The Simmons was junk.

Thanks. Yeah, I am still deciding, but looking at new ones again. I don't know if its worth it, and just may go new. I don't need the best scope ever either. I am putting it on a new Browning A-bolt .270wsm I am pretty excited for deer camp!

You are welcome. I can see that you would want to put something descent on that one. You can really reach out and touch with that rifle. I am getting pretty pumped too! Its been a couple of years since I dropped anything. Of course missing with the pistol last year didnt help and thats what made me upgrade my stuff. That was a first. I was so bummed...I never miss (or even nick for that matter)