• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

motor problems... no razzing/ harassment please

youngie22

Ok Ok... This is about a moped/ scooter. not sure where to post this. this seemed better thatn the automotive. any how this thing is not easy to get to the most of the engine. well my father and I both both new 50cc bikes from shenke motorcyle co. of shanghai. My scooter runs fine, 420 miles since July 4th. Dads has about 300 something. the problem w/ his is that it became very hard to start and then after it starts and let it idle for a while to warm up; then get on to give it a little fuel it will kill. and then very very hard to start.I am not much of a mechanic but seems alot like a carb issue. I played w/ the idle screw a little but seemed to do nothing. not sure what to try next. Any one have any good ideas to try? Hope there is something stupidly easy to solve this problem.

Bring it down to your local Shenke dealer and let them do some warranty repairs on it. If that doesn't work try taking the carb apart and cleaning it. It's probably gummed up inside and one of the jets maybe partially plugged.