• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roof Vent Cap

FM_Mike

I need to replace a vent cap on the roof of my house.The rubber boot is cracked and is leaking in bedroom ceiling. Any idea whats involved and what it might cost? Do to an injury years back I can not do ladders, so I will have to hire it done. Will I need a roofer, handyman or ??.

Thanks, Mike

Depending on the condition of the shingles, it can be fixed rather easily. A handyman may just slap it on and surround it with tar. Then you will just have to wait for it to leak again. A roofer would probably do it for you for next to nothing. It's the drive that will cost you. Where are you located?

hmmmmmmmmmmm lol

What about when you have to get that cover off? What about if someone falls off your roof? Do they have insurance?

Make sure they have the 12 pack before they go up there. Then you know you have a good job. wink

Homeowners insurance will not pay for someone hurt on your property if you hire them. Why do you think contractors pay thousands of dollars a year just for their own liability.

I see your point, but you haven't seen the things I have seen done to roofs by people who have no idea what they are doing.