• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buying a used trailer

charliepete2

You will have to pay taxes on it too. You will want to have something that has a estimate what the trailer is worth or they will make up a price when you go in to transfer the title. With my recent boat purchase they said they use $1000 dollars for all boat trailers. I brought in a blue book printout from the internet saying it was worth $600 and they let me pay the taxes on $600 instead of $1000.

If you go to the DMV, they can give you a form that you can fill out along with the seller. it's the simplist way I've found. some workers at the DMV give you a hard time with just a hand written bill of sale. And yes you have to pay tax on a trailer, and if it's still got a plate on it, you can get the life time regs.