• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smallies on Green Lake in Spicer

fisher98

Has anyone been on Green Lake in Spicer, MN recently chasing the Smallies around??

I am planning on getting out there this coming sunday, and want to know if anyone has found the fishing worthwhile or not!!

Any reports on depth, patterns, water temp, etc, would be awesome!!

thanks-

fisher1998

I was out there a week ago with a buddy who has a cabin on Green. He said the big smallie bite was as good as he could ever remember. Several in the 19-20.5" class. I was using Senko's and Chatterbaits and he was going old-school using slip-bobbers and vertical jigging small sucker minnows. Sparse weed areas, breaklines and adjacent holes up to 25 FOW. Pay attention to inside turns and corners.

I didn't make it out there this past weekend...it was too warm, and the forcast was for some good steady winds. So i ended up staying in the metro and got 8 hours of fishing close to home.

I am now planning on heading out there for the 1st weekend in October.

fisher98