• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dove Decoy Setup

I was out hunting and got my limit of doves in just over 2 hours. I used a mojo decoy but I'm not sure if my setup was really working. There were a ton of doves in the field so it may have just been luck.

I just had the mojo out in a field just above the ground with some plastic decoys on the ground. I never used decoys before so I'm not sure if this is a good setup or not so I'm looking for some advice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I hunted some public ground on Sat. I did not have decoys, but another party in the field did. They shot birds, I did not... but I had a dog and they didn't. So when they asked me to join them I did. I did not shoot any birds, but I was happy to work the dog and get some retrieves out of the deal.

They were her first, so I was thrilled!!!!

At the end of the night they said they felt like they should give me something since I did not shoot and they used my dog. I refused, then they tossed the decoy's in the back of my truck.

Back to your post, I think they do make a difference. Getting the spinner up a few feet so it is more visible may help, but I think you have a good start.