• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shrink tubing rear hooks

50inchpig

Got a surface bait that I'm hesitant to screw with becuase it's so good to me, but I've lost 2 fish in the last week that nipped the rear and I think stabilizing the rear hook could have helped me - anybody with an opinions on whether this helps or not? I know the topraiders do it but I don't throw one.

I would also add it. It can't hurt. They work great on my topraiders and I seem to hookup more than I miss on them. I would be interested to see what I miss without the hook straight out, but I don't want to take that chance.

Quote:
Got a surface bait that I'm hesitant to screw with becuase it's so good to me,

would depend on the bait for me. i like the suggestion to do it, it's easy to change. first and formost in a propbait/globe/ is sound then visibility. i would consider whether that rear hook is swinging and creating a sound that helps a fish locate it. if it's like a topraider and just sit's directly behind it on the retrieve and has really no movement while free... why not. Wtd, no, that swing is a plus. a bait like a jitterbug no, again the swing. top buster types, why not. no again to creeper types, but that's me and that swing again. poppers, no. the fact it's been good to you say's don't change it. there's a reason it's been good to you and maybe it's just a couple of bad luck moments and flukes.