• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod and Reel

slabberknocker

Question

6 answers to this question

< I think mine would be a stick,some kite-line, a diaper pin & the nearest puddle.
Now .... Those were the days!!!! tongue.gif >
Ahhh, the memories of being little & the dreams of accomplishments to come! grin.gif

Like a lot of people out here, I must have about 20 rod & reel set-ups, & each has it's own advantages, kinda hard to choose in general, because it would depend on what fish I was targeting that day! smile.gif
If I had to choose tho', believe it or not I'd take a Zebco 33/classic w/8# test, on a Berkely Cherrywood 6'6" medium rod. Durable,inexpensive, all around, catch what ya want fishing setup, nothin' fancy.
wink.gif
Now it's time to wet a line!

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

HEYO!

YA IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PLAN OF ATTACK BUT FOR FOR "SNEAK N CAST" IN MY WADERS (MY FAVORITE FISHING) I WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT MY ABU 3600 BAITCASTER WITH MATCHING MED ACTION ROD,AND A GOOD HAT.
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

The best all-a-round combo, for the buck, is hands down, a St.Coix Premier 6'6" Medium LIght. It's rated for 4-10 lb. test line, and is also rated for 1/8-1/2 oz. I would put a Shimano Sedona 2000 reel on it. The rod is $80 and the reel is $46.(the reel comes with two spools) If this is too much I would definitely down size on the reel.

It depends totally on what you're fishing for, but believe it or not, the best rod and reel combo I have ever owned has been my cheap Kmart rod (6'6" M action) with a Winchester reel from Cabela's purchased out of the bargain cave for $30 spooled with 8 lb Trilene XT. It's awesome for the cost (about $60 total). I just bought it to get me through a season and it's lasted me years. Who woulda thought I woulda got my favorite rod at Kmart! Personally though, I think the ideal rod for any situation is a 6' medium action fiberglass rod with a medium sized spinning reel with 8 lb line. You can do everything with it. From crappies to northerns, I've even used such a rod for catfish! Well, that's my take on the subject.