• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Livewell Pump

Pat K

The Rule livewell pump in my boat stopped working last week in the middle of vacation. I pulled the cartridge yesterday and cleaned some line and sand out of the impeller. It ran after being cleaned.

Now that I know how easy it is to remove the cartridge I'm wondering if this cleaning is a long term fix or if the pump will fail again soon because of damage done by the fishing line?

Does anyone have any experiance with how long a pump may last after being frozen by line and sand?

This is my second run in with fishing line this year, earlier I picked up about 50 yards of it behind my trolling motor prop. Please put trash line in your pocket or tackle box don't let it blow out on the water!

You should check your fuse for your pump, before it burns up the fuse should pop.

We go through about 3-4 a year total between 15 guide boats running most days.

If you are concerned just buy a replacement pump and throw it in your boat glove box. If it breaks on your next vacation, you will have a spare.