• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Arrows?

Shango

I would choose a arrow with a nice smooth finish. Like Beman ICS hunters or Easton Axis (non camo versions). The smooth finish is quietest through the bisquet. Arrows with a finish like some Carbon Express arrows and Gold Tip arrows tend to make a little bit of noise on the draw. Like a mild screeching sound.

I've used helical, and offset and shoot blazer vanes and have never had a problem with wear. Most say to use an offset rather than helical however I've never had an issue with helical.

I shot a dozen Easton ST Epic's (another smooth arrow) with Helical fletched blazers for 2 seasons and never had a bit of wear. Just busted arrows from shooting too many groups! wink

Good luck.

No Offense man, but I'd buy a drop away and then you dont have anything to worry about. Not trying to be a jerk or nothing but if you think about the concept of the whisker biscut it stinks because the arrow has constant contact with the rest all the way to the nock so if you grab or torque your bow in the even the slightest little bit your arrow is off its mark and that could mean a wounded deer or whatever you hunt. There are a couple of options out there for you one is the new trophy taker full capture rest and then there is the ripcord and these are both dropaways. I shoot weekly with a group and there are 2 people in the group and they both use a whisker biscuit and neither of them can shoot consistently like the rest of us can with a dropaway rest. Just food for thought I also realize that some people cant just go out and buy new stuff for your bow, but I also can guarantee one thing you would not regret buying one thats for sure.