• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance 334 iGps locks up

FishNovice101

Question

This past weekend the Lowarnce kept locking up on the startup screen with Lakemaster chip installed. Had to unplug the power, and restart.

This is what I figured out: It would start up fine with the Navionics LOTW chip. Once it locked onto position, I took the Navionics chip out and put in the Lakemaster chip. Then it worked fine. I had this problem before - and got a different Lakemaster chip.

Anyone else have this problem?

4 answers to this question

One of my 332s and one of my blank memory cards don't play nice together. All my other gps and chip combinations get along fine.

Why are you starting up with the Nav chip, then taking it out and putting in the LM chip? Why not just start it up with the chip you want to use? Make sure the chip is seated correctly, maybe try brushing off the chip's contacts with a pencil eraser to see if that fixes the problem.

Good luck with it.

Yeah - that's what I was thinking too.

Reeds had given me a different type LM chip about 2 months ago, because of the same problem. I don't know hy the unit dislikes the LM chips.

I may have to get a MN Navionics chip, cuz the LOTW chip doesn't cover all of MN.