• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ventless propane heater

Outfitter17

I have a ventless propane heater with low, 1,2,3 and even on low it is to hot in my garage when everything warms up. Is there anyway to hook up a thermostat to it to make it go to pilot to keep it a constant temp?

There's a plug in thermostat made for,kerosene,propane,torpedo heaters.I've used them on other types of heaters,It plugs into a outlet and controls elec.supply,when set temp is reached it shuts down elec. which in turn shuts down heater.There about 60 bucks.

Thats if you dont have a thermo connection on ventless.They work great.

Sounds like you have a modulating valve on that unit. Its made to set at a "comfort level". Wall thermostats dont work on that type of valve. However, there should be a thin copper tube that that ties into the valve. On the end of the copper line is a bulb. That kind of works as the thermostat. You can move that around a bit to sense temperatures in different areas. Try putting it near where there is more heat when running. It will turn the unit down sooner and the room will stay cooler. The copper tube may be coiled up. un-coil it but make sure you dont kink or damage it.