Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
chasineyes

Outer CV Boot

Give it a try! It will not last long, believe me, I have tried the glue together split boot before. It lasted a while if done correct.

In the end, with the price of reman C/V shafts now-a-days it is cheaper to just do it right. You will be doing many threw out a years time and after you add up the cost’s, in the long run it is cheaper to just break down and do the shaft. They are not that hard to do.

Ok, now I see I have an option of just changing the whole axle assembly for about 80$ each side. I change these all the time at work on our Utility Vehhicles and they basically "snap" into the transmission housing. I'm guessing this is the same application. So basically undo the hub/spline end and pull on axle and it should pop off?

Yep, remove the braking system, axle nut, drop the lower control arm, swing the strut to the side and remove the outer c/v joint. Yank on the shaft and it should come out.

Good luck!

You'll also have to remove the bolt that holds the strut stirrup to the lower control arm. The lower control arm will then drop down far enough to slip the shaft between the two. Make sure you have a drain bucket underneath the transmission. Its also extremely important to torque the axle nut to the correct spec. One last tip when you wack the knuckle to free the ball joint push up on the knuckle not down on the lower control arm. You'll see what I mean when it comes apart.