• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Outer CV Boot

Give it a try! It will not last long, believe me, I have tried the glue together split boot before. It lasted a while if done correct.

In the end, with the price of reman C/V shafts now-a-days it is cheaper to just do it right. You will be doing many threw out a years time and after you add up the cost’s, in the long run it is cheaper to just break down and do the shaft. They are not that hard to do.

Ok, now I see I have an option of just changing the whole axle assembly for about 80$ each side. I change these all the time at work on our Utility Vehhicles and they basically "snap" into the transmission housing. I'm guessing this is the same application. So basically undo the hub/spline end and pull on axle and it should pop off?

Yep, remove the braking system, axle nut, drop the lower control arm, swing the strut to the side and remove the outer c/v joint. Yank on the shaft and it should come out.

Good luck!

You'll also have to remove the bolt that holds the strut stirrup to the lower control arm. The lower control arm will then drop down far enough to slip the shaft between the two. Make sure you have a drain bucket underneath the transmission. Its also extremely important to torque the axle nut to the correct spec. One last tip when you wack the knuckle to free the ball joint push up on the knuckle not down on the lower control arm. You'll see what I mean when it comes apart.