Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goblueM

Looking for a fishing partner this weekend

1 post in this topic

I just got me some toys at Thorne Bros sale and I need to try them out! I was supposed to go to my buddy's cabin in Wisconsin but that fell thru. So now I'm looking for someone to fish with this weekend sometime - doesn't matter what time, I'm flexible. If someone has an empty seat in a boat, shoot me an email at canoe_crew@hotmail.com

Otherwise I'm planning on going out to Calhoun or Harriet in my canoe Saturday and maybe Sunday as well, if that interests anybody

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Nah....walleyes would be hard-line Republicans;  conservative with little or no imagination, terrified of doing something new or different or pushing ahead with anything not tried before. Show me a 6-pound walleye and I'll show you Barry Goldwater with scales  or Ronald Reagan when he was not napping. PF is right, catching a walleye,  even a nice big fat one, is about as exciting as a naked tussle with Rosie O'Donnell or dragging a bag of seaweed into your boat. We used to catch some really big ones in MT and after a bit we learned that the big perch fought better and were way more tasty!  No kidding, those perch....12-15" were way better eating.  But then we were catching them from cold clear water. But if you are really new to fishing and don't possess a lot of skill by all means become a walleye fisherman-anybody can do it.
    • Well it's "Throw Down" time! For years I have kept a bag of sunflower seeds in the cup holder of my SUV to nibble on as I ride along. In the last few weeks since about the last weekend up north Deer hunting I would come in and think, man I really down some seeds, that was a pretty new bag? Then checking my oil one day noticed some empties under the hood!  Um, someone's having a party? Went to pick up my Deer at the butcher today and again found the new bag almost empty! Checked back seat floor and found a few sprinkles on the floor! That's it, don't mind the little guy along for a ride but don't touch my seeds! Thought about setting up the trail cam to plan some strategy, but just went with the blind two trap set front and back seat floor. Report when I get some results!
    • Read it again grasshopper, I never said any such thing.     Pence LOST jobs, Johnson gained jobs and the money didn't come out of revenue that was already being produced. Johnson's money came out of NEW tax revenue that would have never been earned if they didn't do the deal.   I don't know what that quote is you posted but I never said any of that.
    • Catching a walleye is about as exciting as reeling in a bath towel. Not sure how that justifies being an elitist. Bullheads put up a better fight.    I always considered walleyes to be the liberals of the fish world. 
    • When was the last time? 1835? That was the last time the national debt was paid off.     How would you know that? We've never taken a trillion dollars off the debt EVER.      
    • Lo, many years ago I tried something similar to deal with feral cats at a house that I was renting.   (next door neighbor fed them, and they would come in our garage or climb up under the hood of our cars.)   Covered a piece of cardboard with aluminum foil and wired it to one side of a 700 volt power transformer.  Other side was wired to a half open can of sardines insulated from the foil by a thin layer of plastic.   Primary went to line power.   No cat touched the sardines so long as the electricity was on (several days).   When I turned it off to see what would happen, they ate everything they could get out of the can in a short time.   I hope mice aren't as sensitive or smart. 
    • Pence is governor of Indiana.   Johnson was governor of New Mexico.   Why do you claim Johnson's deal was local, and Pence's was not?   Pence kept actual jobs, Johnson was chasing hypothetical jobs.   Pence benefited residents of his state.  Johnson benefited folks coming in from out of state...     
    • I would avoid one with a touch screen and stick with buttons.  You cannot work a touch screen with gloves on.  I guess it depends if you where gloves.  I have one of each and my Garmin with buttons is the one that gets used.
    • With any luck, we will get out of the debt issue with a period of moderate inflation, just like we did the last time.  5% inflation takes a trillion dollars a year off the debt.   Add 3-4 percent constant dollar growth, and in under a decade the ratio of debt to GDP is cut in half, even allowing for some deficits along the way.   Janet Yellen has already signaled she is willing and ready to let the economy run "hot", ie inflation exceeding the 2% target.     The trick, of course, is to pull it off without anything blowing up.     Now all that remains is to make it happen.  
    • which models of striker bibs/ coat?
  • Our Sponsors