• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance/Yamaha Engine Interface

woodboat

Question

Has anyone tried using the Lowrance Engine (outboard) interface to display engine data??? I have a 2007 Yamaha 4 Stroke and a LCX-113CHD. The Lowrance HSOforum lists an interface cable for the Yamaha motors but a site search yielded very little additional information how the interface works, how it's connected, what information is displayed, or what if any added equipment is needed. The photo gallery under the networking thred shows a whole bunch of data being displayed (tach, temp, fuel, etc.) Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Regards...............JB

3 answers to this question

I haven't used the Lowrance interface to an outboard motor so I can't help too much. I have an Opti with Smart Craft gauges and it displays info like you mentioned, I think I get rpms, engine temp, water pressure, fuel consumption, battery volts, trim angle, hours on the motor, some warnings, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. I like it and look at all that info quite a bit.

On the Opti, there is a data port on a cable that basically hangs loose in the motor and you just plug into it - basically like plugging in a USB connection on a computer.

I'd guess that for the Lowrance interface for your Yamaha it would attach to a T connector in your network with your gps puck and lcx-113 and whatever else you might have connected to it?????

Good luck, if you go forward with it post back here and let us know how it works.

Check out the manual for your X-113. If it's similar to my X-28 there is a section about the engine interface and setting up the different options. I was going to try the interface for my 90 Yamaha this year but never did.

I have the interface for my suzuki, it is kinda nice having the fuel comsumtion data, but I run my kicker alot, and the interface only sees what the big motor is doing. The options that I have are: rpms, fuel consumtion, fuel remaining, dte, trim position, average fuel consumption, fuel per year,tank,trip, engine hours, as well as some other small stuff that I can't remember. Since the fuel readout is skewed because of my kicker, I really don't use it for much. More of a novelty.