• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mounting lp tank on rear of fish house???

ac777

Question

Does anyone know of any rules/laws against mounting a propane tank on the rear of a trailer/fishhouse? I would like to weld a bracket on the rear of my fish house to keep it out of the way, but just wanted to check if there were any regs against this. Thanks for the info. Austen

5 answers to this question

I have been trying to find any info on regulation for mounting tanks and have been unsuccessful. I was going to call my supplier tomorrow and see if he knows.

The only problem I can see is if you get rear ended. Those tanks are tough but I would think they would be a little more protected mounted on the tongue area of the trailer.

Yeah, I was also thinking that. I have a big window in front of my fish house, which would make it a little harder to mount. I wonder if the DMV would know?

Well, I e-mailed the DOT, and they haven't responded yet, but I did decide to just weld a bracket on the front of my fish house. I will get back to ya'll if they ever do reply though.