• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Lake of the Woods, LakeMaster Chip

Map Guy

Question

Has anyone out there used the new 2008 Lake of the Woods/Rainy Lake, LakeMaster chip?

Specifically I'm wondering what kind of detail is included for Kabetogama, Namakan, Sand Point and Crane Lakes? Their documentation states that the chip includes "enhanced" contours of these lakes. I'm wondering what exactly that means. Is it any better than what is already loaded on the Lowrance units (5ft contours, buoys, some hazards, etc)?

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using this chip. Thanks for the help.

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same chip but I purchased a new 2008 LOW,RR,Rainy lake chip and the river has 1' contours. I don't believe there is anything else on this map and for the river, very nice.

I believe that you may be looking for the 2008 lakemaster Pro map series to include the lakes you named.

Has anyone out there used the new 2008 Lake of the Woods/Rainy Lake, LakeMaster chip?

Specifically I'm wondering what kind of detail is included for Kabetogama, Namakan, Sand Point and Crane Lakes? Their documentation states that the chip includes "enhanced" contours of these lakes. I'm wondering what exactly that means. Is it any better than what is already loaded on the Lowrance units (5ft contours, buoys, some hazards, etc)?

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using this chip. Thanks for the help.

I would not count on it being much better than the old version.

Either buy a Navionics Kab map, or wait for Lakemaster to survey the lakes.

This has been a long time coming. Company is to small to handle the demand and needs to recoup their funds quicker so they do the lakes that will give them the most bucks for their bang.

We on the hand, want the most bang for our bucks!

- Wish