• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

White Bear Lake Advice?

How has the musky fishing been on White Bear Lake? I might be going there Thursday night and wondering if anyone could comment on how the fishing is. Also, any advice on what to throw at them on this lake? I have never been on White Bear Lake before and don't know too much about it. Any info would be great!

It was good for me a few weeks ago, been getting gradually tougher.

Big plastics do pretty well at times, I think color has a big effect because it's so clear. Be careful too, it's getting warm. Saw water well over 80 degree's in different area's tonight.

-JR

For pretty much all species, yellow, chartreuse, or firetiger has been good on this lake. I've fished the lake for lots of years and have yet to catch anything on a topwater - bass included. Maybe I just don't throw them in the right places. Also, moving off the weededges - even out over open water with jerkbaits has been good in the past when things warm up a bit.