• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Tie Downs

Rippinlip

I am looking for anyone that has a newman trailer or anyone that can answer this question.

I have a side load 7 X 8 trailer.

This trailer does not come with deck tie downs, but the side has about a 2" lip with a bend over lip the ramp attaches to.

Do I trust the lip to winch and tie down to?

Do I install deck tie-downs?

If I trust the lip, what keeps the tie downs from moving up and down the side?

Seems like alot of questions I know, but I am trailering these a couple of hundred miles this weekend and I really do not want to worry about it the whole way.

Thanks

Mark

I wouldn't trust them. Install some eyebolts or at least drill some holes in the lip that your tiedowns can hook into. Be sure to install the tiedowns in something made of metal

I had no issues with my newmans tieng down to the side rails. If your tie downs are straight up and down just ratchet them as tight as can be with 2 straps on both the front and rear.

You could drill some holes but that lip makes it a challenge to get a good angle for a tie in. That lip on your trailer is designed to be hooked to.

I have a 7x16 Newmans 4 place side load ATV and the side lip is no issue.

I have the same trailer. I use the side tie downs hauling 2 wheelers and a trailer on a Canada hunting trip every year. I did install a couple deck tie-downs to provide more options, especially for hauling other things. Like stated before, make sure the straps are straight and tight. You shouldn't have any problems.