• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aya Harden lake

It's Ada Hayden and it is managed by the city of Ames. It is an old gravel pit that the city took over to help insure that they had a water source in low water times. I have never fished it but have heard that they have put restrictions on the # of fish you can take. You might be able to find some information on the city of Ames web site under parks and rec. I do know that it is an electric only lake and that you cannot even have a gas motor on your boat.

i left ames just before it opened, but have been there once. seems to have alot of steep dropoffs and is very clear. bass fishing may be better at night or really early. if ya wanna have some fun, just hit the river accross the road from ada hayden. it helps if ya get wet. just throw a popR in the slower water and a spinner or rapala in the current. tons of smallies in the skunk. bring an ultralite as the fish are kinda small, but the possibility for 3 pounders is there.