• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trolling plt

eyewarrior

Question

Looking into the possibilty of adding a trolling plate on my 150 4stroke yamaha tiller. Right now I can get it down to 2.4-2.6 mph would like to get it down to 1.5-2.0. I have run my transom mount minnkota 101 to slow it way down but would like to try a trolling plate. Whats your opinions on the brand to buy? Pros & cons of trolling plts? What if I take off with the plt down? any other pertinate info?

thx

eyewarrior

2 answers to this question

Before I would get a trolling plate, I would try a using two drift socks tied to the bow cleats. Ted Takasaki details this system on the Lindy web site. I tried it last weekend and it slowed me from 2.3 to 1.0 mph. Cabelas had their smallest bags on sale not too long ago, not sure if they still are.

Before I would get a trolling plate, I would try a using two drift socks tied to the bow cleats. Ted Takasaki details this system on the Lindy web site. I tried it last weekend and it slowed me from 2.3 to 1.0 mph. Cabelas had their smallest bags on sale not too long ago, not sure if they still are.

Thanks I thought about that but seemed to be a bit more hassle than I wanted to put up with.