• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got the 1.6 version and 1.7 version in email from lowrance

gofishingtom

Question

My question is has anybody got there downloads in a email and transfered them to a sd card? i got the 1.6 version for my LCX-27 and the 1.7 version for the lms 520 and a file name phantom_2.lrt (58KB) the 1.6 is 2MB and the 1.7 is 3MB now as i read the directions it says to put all on chip and load into the appropriate unit..Has anybody done this download..i just dont want to load everything into my unit..Hoping someone will tell me that the one for the 27 will go into the 27 and the one for the LMS 520 will go into that one..

Does anybody know what an LDR file is?

4 answers to this question

Why not download to a card from Lowrance.com yourself?According to the HSOforum the current update for an X-27 was on 3/10/08 version 2.3.0 ,8.6MB.Then erase the card and do a seperate download for the other unit LMS 520,3/10/08 version 2.3.0,8.6MB.Lots of good info on their HSOforum!Good Luck,Salmi.

Sorry ,Just spotted your previos post.I have an X-27 and did the update without any problems.I have also heard that you need to do the updates in order but I only purchased mine last spring and 2.3.0 is the first update I did.

i bought my 27 last spring a year ago and it had 1.6 on it and was talked into the latest and greatest so did the upgrade to 2.3 and now theres a 2.4 coming out very soon.but i had no problems at all for the year i had my unit and when did the upgrade now when i get on plane i cant see bottom and blinks what the last depth was..frustrating..so i'm hoping that i can go back to the 1.6...as for taking it off the websight i am running a vista computer and it doesnt work for me..so called lowrance and he emailed me the 1.6 version so hoping it works..was told by tech that my transducer is in wrong place..well why did it work last week and upgrade and now not work!!! it reads great when im going 10-15 mph then go fast and nothing..