• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jeep HVAC Question

So, I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 with dual automatic climate control. About a year ago the blower motor failed an in doing so the wiring to the blower resistor connector melted destroying the connector, wiring, and resistor. The dealership sold me an "updated" blower motor, resistor, and pigtail for at the resistor. I now have an intermittently inop blower and found the connector at the resistor is melting again. The pins and connectors appear, to me, to be undersized for the current load. Wondering if any of you guys have encountered this and have a fix. Or am I doomed to rewire this once a year or so. The dealership has pigtail kits in stock in willmar so I am assuming that this is common.

Let me know.

Ground is 0.2 ohm's. The wire size is large enough but the pin connectors seem small. The pigtail kit from the dealer had larger wires but same small pins. The connector melts where it plugs into the resistor.

Quote:
One more thing, make sure you are getting a good airflow across the resistor.

Good point!

Quote:
Or am I doomed to rewire this once a year or so. The dealership has pigtail kits in stock in willmar so I am assuming that this is common.

Let me know.

Sorry to say, but yes it is common. If you modify the connector, monitor it and report back. I would be curious on the out come. Just do not burn down the jeep grin

You can always check to see if the blower motor has been updated since the last one you put in. If I remember correctly, they where updating them because of and excessive draw reason.

Good luck!