• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota Powerdrive 55lb. Trolling Motor stuck on high?

JimBuck

Question

I've got a problem that I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced. My trolling motor has been only able to run at full power whenever it turns on. Steering and start/stop work fine but the speed is stuck on the maximum level. I tried adjusting with the foot pedal and the remote but still no luck? Any bright ideas? I've seen past threads in regards to this issue but those affected by the issue also had other problems with the on/off function. Thanks everyone.

2 answers to this question

You didn't say which trolling motor, but it sounds like issues with the switch in the foot pedal. I had the same issues, but it wouldn't work at all. So I bypassed the switch and now it runs on high power only. I don't see it as much of an inconvenience, but that's just me.

It has something to do with internally is what I'm thinking. The handheld remote works in the same manner...turns, on/off but is stuck on High when turned on. The high power setting is a nuisance when I'm bass fishing as it really jerk-baits the boat around when I need to turn it on.