Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkyaber

Dual pro battery charger question.

7 posts in this topic

I have a three bank dual pro charger in my boat. The two banks for the trolling motor batteries seem to work correctly, but the third bank for the cranking battery keeps all 5 red led lights on permanently. I charged the battery the old fashion way with an old school charger to full, plugged the dual pro back in, same thing 5 led's on a full battery. I looked on their HSOforum in the trouble shooting section and it gave no indication as to what could be the problem.

Anyone with any ideas?

If it is a Minn Kota, according to the manual that you have one of three problems:

A RED light for each bank is lit if any of the following apply:

a) No battery is connected to an output cord. This may also indicate a blown fuse in the fuse holder.

B) The battery voltage is below 8.0 volts.

c) The battery is connected reverse polarity

It is a dualpro, so I think those are out. I did remove the in line fuse, and all five ofthe led's went out.

Throw a meter across the battery when you first plug it in and agian after the other batteries are done. You could be getting the proper charging voltage and the LEDs are goofy, or the charger could be giving you 15 volts all the time and that will kill your starting battery.

mnfishinguy, yeah, I figured I would do that eventually, but I thought it may have been an issue that had come up with someone else.

My charger (not a pro charger) dosen't change from red to green anymore. I've got it on the charger right now to see what it does on the meter.

If all else fails get a hold of Dual Pro - they're pretty good about standing behind their product.

marine_man