• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dual pro battery charger question.

sparkyaber

Question

I have a three bank dual pro charger in my boat. The two banks for the trolling motor batteries seem to work correctly, but the third bank for the cranking battery keeps all 5 red led lights on permanently. I charged the battery the old fashion way with an old school charger to full, plugged the dual pro back in, same thing 5 led's on a full battery. I looked on their HSOforum in the trouble shooting section and it gave no indication as to what could be the problem.

Anyone with any ideas?

6 answers to this question

If it is a Minn Kota, according to the manual that you have one of three problems:

A RED light for each bank is lit if any of the following apply:

a) No battery is connected to an output cord. This may also indicate a blown fuse in the fuse holder.

B) The battery voltage is below 8.0 volts.

c) The battery is connected reverse polarity

Throw a meter across the battery when you first plug it in and agian after the other batteries are done. You could be getting the proper charging voltage and the LEDs are goofy, or the charger could be giving you 15 volts all the time and that will kill your starting battery.