• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2002 F-150 Topper wiring question

I recently purchased a pickup topper/cap from a private party for my 2002 F-150 and last night was looking to at least wire up the 3rd brake light.

The place that originally sold the topper tipped me off to look for a lime green wire near the rear driver's side bumper and that would be the "3rd brake light" wire to tap into. They would have been more than happy to help me locate the wire, however, I am in the cities and the company is up in the Fargo/Moorhead area.

I tested a couple of different green wires with my circuit tester and it seems they were all for my left turn signal. I understand that the turn signal is also the brake feed for the tail lights, however I definiately don't want my 3rd brake light blinking every time I make a left turn. They stated there is a "3rd brake light" feed back there. Maybe I missed a green lime wire?

Any help on what wire (color) could possibly be the right feed?

Thanks,

Steve

It would make sense to have it back there, I did some digging in wiring diagrams, the lg brake light wire doesnt go to the back of the truck as far as I can tell. You may have to run a wire from the brake light switch, or just tap into the LG wire at the high mount light, then run a wire back there. The diagram shows the wire to go back there, but when I look at the connectors that are back there, none of them show the wire to be back there.

I did find the wire this weekend. I had started at the trailer hitch wiring and followed it back removing the wire loom. About 18 or so inches back from the trailer hitch it "t's" off to the drivers side taillight. It was there I found it taped off.

Thanks again!

Steve