• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

choices---????

Ok --I'm in the market for a new point and shoot camera and have it narrowed down somewhat as to which one so I need some help in deciding

Nikon Coolpix P60

Canon Powershot A720

Panasonic Lumix DMC LZ8

It will mostly be general picture taking but I do want to have the option for some close-up shots of flowers and etc

thanks much

I just bought two point and shoots, a Canon PowerShot SD870 IS for my wife and a Canon PowerShot A 590 IS for my mother. I've used both and thought they produced some very nice images. IS, macro modes and face detection, nice features and easy to navigate.

I have a Panasonic TZ3. It takes great pictures has a 3" screen and 10X optical zoom. Great little camera small enough to carry on your belt in a small cell phone size case with a big zoom for whatever. Panasonic has a great point and shoot lens. I especially like the fast processing time I had a different camera that took almost 3 seconds till you could shoot again. Kids and wildlife {synonomous} do not sit around for 3 seconds for the camera to recycle. That is one of the first thing I check for on point and shoot camera specs.