• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish locator advice

skunked_once

Question

Father's day is coming and I'm trying to choose a new fish locator. Budget is about $200. So far I've narrowed down the choices to the Lowrance X96, Lowrance X67C, Eagle 320 C, and Eagle Cuda S/MAP. I know that the Eagle 320 and 480 Fishfinders are less expensive but I've read some negative reviews about these. The X96 has the best resolution but the X67C and 320C are color units. The Cuda has GPS. I'm a recreational fisherman and can't afford/don't need the fancier units. Which one should I go for? Thanks for the input.

1 answer to this question

I have the Eagle FishEasy480 in the bow and it has worked fine for me so far, less than 2 years. The Eagle 320C and Lowrance X96 both have 320 vertical pixels that will drive your resolution. Although the Eagle 320C has less power and a narrower screen than the X96, the color unit is the way to go. Much easier to interpret the subtleties in the display.