• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Predator or Pro Guide

jyoung

I've been running a console for the past year (ran a tiller for years before that) and there's been times I've missed the tiller. I really like the layout of the Predator with the higher deck and bigger livewell. Curious if anyone runs a Predator or Pro Guide and your thoughts on it? Handling, speed, etc.

Jeff

I have a predator and haven't been able to pull the trigger on anything else yet due to storage and layout issues. Seems that 1/2 the boat these days has to be casting platform. A waste of space for a walleye guy most of the time. In fact I'm in the middle or replacing the floor and carpeting as we speak. I'm hoping to finish up tomorow and get her back on the water where she belongs. smile

Hey Borch,

I think he was talking about the newer models and the comparisons between them. I think the only major differences are going to be that with the Predator, you get 12" or so of additional deck in the front and it is up a little higher making sight fishing a bit easier. If it were me, I would pick the Predator anyday, even though most guys wouldn't put a ski in the live well, I like having the option of reviving it there rather than leaning over the side of the boat in heavy chop.

Maybe someday the DNR will get the record system right and have the option for a live release record, in which case that big live well would come in really handy.

I too really love fishing out of tiller boats, even though 75% or more of my fishing is for bass, I still prefer a tiller.