• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Trailer VIN

MN Mike

I've got a tandem axle Shorelander trailer, I've been looking for a VIN number, there are 2 tags on it that look like they should have had the VIN number on them but the sun has faded them away.

Do they stamp the VIN on the trailer somewhere, I've crawled around it some but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

Mike

Some brands stamp vin on tongue, but not all. Many trailers are actually "assembled" at the dealer to save shipping costs.

If you cannot read it there's not much you can do, maybe if it has a license place it was registered and vin recorded, but it's tough to proof. I actually have here a tandem Karavan I had DMV re-vin it so I can sell it with title. It's a pain in the (you know what) process, I don't think it was worth it.

I took a closer look in the tongue area, no luck, that is about where the stickers are but no stampings. The trailer doesn't have any plates on it either so I'm out of luck in that area too.

I'll have to go to the DMV and see what it is going to take to get some plates on it I guess.

Thanks for the help.

Mike