• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We are breaking ground on a new house next Tuesday and I just found out that there is a duck nesting right where we need to dig. The nest has 9 eggs in it and I'm wondering if there are any options out there. I haven't seen the actual duck yet, but my dad has seen it but he couldn't tell what it was other than "fast". It's mainly grassland with no water close by.

Any ideas?

She might have them hatched out by next tues. Otherwise your kinda screwed. Hope she gets them hatched by tuesday. I'd try to stay away and let her sit on them, unless you can't. Thats the best i can think of.

I have seen where a nest is moved...and the duck will still sit on them.

My father had a nest that was going to be destroyed where is was, so he picked put on gloves and made a new nest 15 feet away and moved the eggs carefully. The mother didn't like it, but still sat on the eggs and hatched them.

This is the exception rather than the rule though...but if you have no choice....