• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

livewell leaking 2006 lund prov

Sabaskong

So you're saying it leaks out of the livewell, right? The livewell won't hold water? Or, the water leaks from the livewell into the boat?

If it's leaking out of the livewell you probably need to adjust and or replace the valve.

Either right behind the step up to the bow deck or right infront of the rear storage compartments. Remove the 4 screws in the coreners of that panel and take a look to see how the valves are working and if they need to be adjusted.

marine_man

marine_man, I guess I should have been more specific but to answer your question, both. The livewell won't hold water very long and it seems to be leaking into the boat(bilge).

Ok...

I'm guessing since that's the case that the hose that runs from the bottom of your livewell back to the valve has a cut / tear in it. What I'd do to find out where the leak is is to pull the boat out of the water and run water in the livewell with a hose. If it leaks out of the livewell & you end up with water in the boat it almost has to be the hose from the drain to the valve. Try and get access to those locations as best as you can (it's a bear sometimes... you'll probably end up standing on your head) but you'll need to either figure out where the cut is or replace the hose between the livewell and the valve that controls that livewell.

It might be as easy as a loose hose clamp too, or a broken livewell valve (which could happen if there was water left in the valve & it froze, and it cracked in the right spot... so before you tear into replacing the hose check all the easy stuff first.

I'm guessing if you pull the panel you'll need to get into to access the valves you'll find the problem pretty quick.

marine_man