Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gritsnham

Deep Cranks

Just wondering what kind of deep cranks some fmers like to use...i have always liked count down lures for deeper water(25ft plus) but just seeing what others like to use.

Thanks in advance!

I have been a very big DT guy, but after last year, i fished alot of lucky crafts. There a awesome bait. The reason that i say that is becuase of the way the bait is made, and how it moves in the water.

You really need to get out there and try them, i think you would like them

I love to deep crank... My deep cranking box is filled with.

Rapala DT16

Norman DD22

Bandit 300

Bandit 400

Poe 400

Poe 400+

Fat Free Shad

Of all of them I use the Poes probably the most, close behind the DT16s....

I wouuld go with the fat free shad, she can get down to 25 feet in a hurry, also i have actually experimented with some of the new deep diving tail dancers by rapala, and found them to do a good job as well on bass

That new Bandit 700 serious looks pretty sweet. Gonna have to give them a shot. I might even throw the $ down for some of those LCs' this year as well.

As for years past, I used the DTs' most of the time. The fish just like em'.

Hiya -

Ahh...what Deitz said. I love deep cranks, especially from mid-July on, and I think Deitz and I could probably trade tackle boxes and not notice the difference. (Although since he fishes tournaments and probably takes things a little more seriously than I tend to, I bet his hooks are sharp...) I really like Poes 400s, DT-16s, and I still have some of the old hand-glued Bandits that I really like, including some of the slow-sinking ones. I've had horrid luck with getting the newer Bandits to tune up and stay tuned. More or less given up on them.

A couple others that aren't on the list are the old classic Fat Rap, Bomber Model As, and Strike King Series 6s.

cheers,

Rob Kimm

I assume that you guys are talking about trolling depths when you talk about 25 ft - I don't even think David Fritts could do that when casting....20 ft is pushing credibility for casting I think and most folks are lucky to get a solid 15-16 ft.

I can understand it with a sinking lure and lots of patience but the others like DT's, DD-22's etc are either suspending or floating, no?

If you can do it, more power to you and I stand corrected - you must make 100 yd casts with 6 lb test.

There is something really cool about fishing deep water crankbaits. I think most would agree that the feeling of knowing when those bass are going to bite after bumping off the rocks is pretty hard to beat! When it comes to deep cranks (ones that will dig 12-14 feet and deeper) I generally lean towards the DT-16's, Down Deep Rattlin Fat Raps, DD22, I too like the the Fat Free Shads. In my opinion though, the Fat Raps were one of the best cranks on the market, hate to see them phase out like they have.

Using the new braids and deep diving cranks will get you down 22-25 feet, I've bumped bottom a lot in 20 FOW with 10 pound braid. Gotta make real long casts though