Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scoot

Best Rod for the situation

3 posts in this topic

I'm afraid there's a different answer for each of the species/techniques you mentioned. Also, there's individual differences in preferences for each situation so that even two professionals can't agree a good portion of the time.

However, I can give you a good suggestion- give my dad an e-mail or call. He makes custom-made rods and they are top notch. They will be of equal or better quality than you can find in a store and will almost always cost less- He doesn't make 100% profit like the big name rod makers do. I have yet to hear a bad word said about any of the rods he makes.
Phone number is (218) 891-4415
e-mail- rodsbyengel@netscape.net
Give him a hollar- you'll end up spending less money, having a better quality product, and having things like your name and a decal with the species of fish you like (among many other things) on your personalized rod.
Good luck,
Scoot

So what is everyone's opinions on what rod ( length and action) is best under each situation:

Walleye
Jigging
Trolling/drifting
cranks
slip bobber

Panfish
Jigging
Trolling/drifting
slip bobber

Large/Smallmouth Bass
Worms
Spinner baits/Buzz Baits

Northern/Muskie

Catfish
Channel
Flathead

Thanks in advance, I plan on making a trip to purchase a bunch of rods, so your advice will be helpful.

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-23-2002).]

Nobody has any opinions on what type of rod is best suited for each of the above situations? I realize that it might be a different rod for each situation, and I expect this,..I want to see what every one thinks,..take some time and give your opinions on the subject.

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-26-2002).]