• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electronic Interference

hawghunter

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm 100% sure thats your problem. It has to be wired separately or else the current flow in the wiring alternates causing interference in your locator.

try running a wire from the negative side of your battery to the aluminum hull of your boat, someone from minn kota trolling motors told me this once, or if you have seperate starting and deepcycle batteries, try hooking to your start battery for the depthfinder. he said if you get interference all the time no matter what speed the trolling motor is at its most likely static discharge, but if it goes away at full speed but happens at slower speeds it means thet your pwm circuitry on your trolling motors speed control is pulsing back through the power source. I havent experienced this but thats what ive been told