Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Garmin240/Fishmark240

4 posts in this topic

Looking at electronics for a new boat. I was about settled on the Garmin but checked a couple of other boards and found there are some problems now and then on the Garmin. Is this pretty accurate? Second choice is the Eagle Fishmark 240. Lower price than the X91. Is it a decent unit? Thanks.

Blacklab,
I just bought a Garmin 240. I haven't used it as yet but others that have, think it is a very good unit. It seems to be the best price, all though saving a few bucks won't mean much if the unit don't preform.
Dan

Blacklab:

This will be my 3rd summer running a Garmin 240 and up to now the only problem I've had was with a loose wire connection that was my fault. As for the unit, it works great. I have the speed-sending unit also and as far as I'm concerned, you won't find a better unit for the price. The pixel count and display is crisp and clear and the zoom/bottom track works great. In the end, it's your money but I can tell you that I'm sold on the unit. Good luck..

Iam adding the Garmin 240 this year as i got it for free. I did notice when hooking it up that the connections seemed cheap. Taking a closer look, its made in Taiwan.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

[This message has been edited by D-man (edited 04-16-2002).]